Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
The 60 Horn sp and hp have been very good to us as well.

Of all the game I've been around taken I've only recovered 4 slugs. A 55 NBT that went thru both fronts and was about to exit the muley doe from hell, she was huge. Then I also recovered four 53 TSX's. Two out of the 223 and two out of the 22/250.

Dober
I seem to recover alot more .22 cal. slugs from deer than you. Maybe because of the shorter distances I usually shoot them ? Never had one of the 50 gr. Nos. expanders go through a deer {out of 5 killed} but always found the completely empty jackets just under the hide on the offside. The 55 Horns out of my .223 seem to exit about half the time depending on the size of the deer, angle, range and what get's hit {shoulders, ribs}. I put one of the 55 Horns through both shoulder blades of a big doe from 80 yds. this past season and found a nicely mushroomed slug with core still intact up against the hide on the far side. Shot another behind the shoulders from 30 yards. Hit a rib going in and trashed the lungs but all I found of that bullet was a badly mangled jacket stuck in the meat between ribs on the far side. Not a trace of lead remained with the jacket. Shot a buck between the eyes from 10 yds. a few years back with a 52 Sierra hp {.223}. The whole top of his skull was shattered and his eyes popped out of the sockets but the slug never made it out the back of his head. And so it goes.