Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IME...you're very good to go with the 22/250. I'd not worry one iota.

Take pics for us.

Dober

ever notice how guys, especially in Montana, accomplish all sorts of stuff, that everyone else on the internet claim is impossible??

they just go out and do it... these two pics are an example..

might have something to do with them understanding the concept of shotplacement..

in a pinch, one of the boys I was taking out hunting, wanted to try to call coyotes.. and Oregon here allows that last week end to stay open for kids UNDER 18.. when the season ends on Friday for everyone else..

we didn't have luck calling up a coyote, but a spike buck was passing thru the area...all the kid had was a 204 with a 34 grain HP in it..one shot, the deer went 50 to 60 yds, like it hadn't been hit.. then layed down... wasn't too much brush around...

deer was laying down and panting when we got within 20 yds or him or so.. told Lewis to shoot it in the head.. which he did...and it expired...

still that little 20 cal 34 grain HP did a job on the lung it hit.. post mortem...

don't read this as recommending the 204 as a deer rig... but in a pinch, it worked out just fine.. shot placement in the lung worked out just fine... shot taken by the kid at 100 yds or so... he just pulled up the rifle and shot before I had a chance to tell him not to...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez