Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by 458Win
There are an awful lot of folks who's job - or passion - requires the best in optics and a lot more who simply want and can afford the very best.
but even if many of us can't afford the very best , we all benefit from the new technology as the competition tries to catch up.

Thanks for logging on Mike and keeping us informed.

Agreed on all counts.

I'm continually amazed at folks that have a safe full of rifles and one crappy set of binoculars... I'd always rather have the very best binocular and only a couple rifles if it came down to it.

Yes, And, yes. smile

And kudos to Mr. Jensen for sticking his neck out here.
The "boots-on-the-ground" mentality in a leader is to be commended and will no doubt serve Zeiss very well.

Leica can suck their wake. <grins>

And yes... it was the gentleman who's posting here from Zeiss Sports Optics who helped me get a rebate I was erroneously promised at the purchase of my Victory 8x20's... he took it upon himself to make it happen, in spite of the fact it turns out I wasn't owed it due to a discrepancy in model #'s. The store told me I was eligible for a $100 rebate at purchase, I subsequently found it wasn't eligible after purchase.

That sort of service turns my head and wins loyalty, and I dearly love my little 8x20 Victories. That's why I'm intrigued as to whether Zeiss will offer an 8x32 HT (not interested in a conquest HD).

But it's going to take a lot to pry my 8x32 BR's (with lifetime warranty) out of my hands... and Leica is starting to finally get a clue from Swaro (and to a lesser/newer degree Zeiss) what top-notch customer service means.

Totally agree with Phil that the sort of improvements Zeiss is making, even if half of it is marketing sizzle, moves progress forward. That's a good thing and I think other Co's should take note of the kind of dedication this particular Zeiss representative is making by posting here.

Big Thumbs up from this little corner of the world...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery