Originally Posted by MJensen
Aic, all very valid points. Competing in the top 3 is a challenging endeavor, it's like building a better Indy car, all that's left are small improvements but in the end, it's the driver (our consumers) who wins the race smile.

We had 3 objectives when we started this project.

The Brightness
The best center resolution
The best ergonomics

#1. Brightness. Over the last 10 years, although we slightly led the pack, the top 3 all had between 89% and 92% light transmission. Nobody was really willing to make the claim "the brightest". With our new glass, existing prisms and enhanced coatings, we are the first to get to 95% on a premium roof prism product. With that, we are comfortable to make the clain "The Brightest".

#2. Center resolution. As a core hunting product for the most extreme users, center resolution was a top priority. Judging mass or G3 tine length at 600+ yards is critical for those guys. I'm not an optical engineer, so I can't explain what they did or how they did it, but center resolution has been enhanced. Enhancing the center resolution should theoretically widen the "sweet spot" since resolution is a diminishing calculation from center to edge. Since there is no sweet spot measurement standard, we'll have to wait for guys like you to get your hands on it, test it and tell your peers your findings. I am comfortable to say that you'll like what you see.

3. Ergonomics. No longer will Zeiss build great optics and drop the product into a "brick" and say "buy it". Ergonomics matter, period. As the picture of the product reveals, this HT is a departure from our old ways. We built and tested models of the human hand in a resting state when held in front of the face. With this as a guideline, we added ribs to fit the crease of the hand, moved the focus wheel forward so you don't have to split your fingers to reach it, made it larger and slower for control, changed housing texture for comfort, used magnisium for weight and pinned the focus wheel on both sides for durability. Consumer surveys so far says it looks cool and feels incredible in your hand. Ergonomics are in many cases personal preference, but my opinion (albeit bias:) is that we nailed this one.

Hope this feedback helps.

Mike, thanks for your replay. The higher center resolution and a 95% FLAT transmission sound very promising given that the starting point (FL) was already excellent. To your point though, seeing is believing...

I just hope the off center resolution roll off is gradual so I don�t have to wait for the Birders' version of the HTs before I buy a Zeiss wink

I�m very encouraged by your conviction when you say that �ergos matter�, because they do! The bins could have been a little smaller heightwise but ergos are more important than size and optical quality rules...

Aic