Originally Posted by PatagoniaHunter

...and this one was my main hunting binocular since then. I found the so-called "sweet spot" large enough, and couldn`t find any difference with that Leica on this. For me the natural eye position when using a binocular, or a scope is to center the vision. And if I want to look at a side, I move the binocular!, not the eye around the optic field! Of course there must be a center view large enough...

PH

PH, you are confusing natural with adaptive. You�ve adapted to moving the bins to where you look at(adaptation to the fact that the binos have/had off center resolution roll off). What you call natural is in reality your adaptation to a constraint posed by the binos. You�ve being doing it for so long it become second nature but that does not make it natural. It�s natural to an owl but not you a human.
I find it easier to pan with my eyes and hold the binos steady than the other way around in any bino holding position (holding, resting, tripod).

To your point and looking beyond semantics, second nature can feel natural to many but it not for all.

Aic