Thanks gophergunner. It sort of appears either the summer doldrums have hit, or everybody is about tapped out on things they can give. There has been a lot given away for sure. I have a few bases and rings, but unfortunately not a lot else. I have been pretty much out of work for a while and ended up having to sell several things I would like to still have. If the guys decide Trenton is a good candidate, I can tell you that I have talked to his mom and she is both appreciative and amazed. Looks like both her young ones have birthdays this summer. Her daughter says she needs/wants a laptop. Trenton told her that he needs a rifle so he doesn't have to borrow one to hunt this year. Sounds like he has plans to get out there this fall. Amanda said that any hunting equipment would be a true blessing.

I have contacted a local knife maker who said that the next knife that had a blemish making it unsellable he would consider donating.

I haven't talked to Chris, the guy who will be mentoring Trenton, but I reload and would be happy to keep him in ammunition if components are available. I don't have anything in .24 caliber unfortunately,, but would be happy to teach the young man the basics of putting a load together.

The concept of what you guys are doing is just plain fantastic. There aren't many places, especially with the economy like it is, that would come together and provide a person with the equipment to go out with everything needed to enjoy an activity like hunting. And you have done it several times!

While I am a member of several forums, this is by far the best and has the best overall group of fellow members. Just wish I was able to contribute something, but hope that maybe the future will allow me to join in the fun of doing so.