Gunner
One thing that helped me the most was to get a target bow of only 30 LBS so that I could put my complete attention on form.A very light bow will also magnify any release problems you have and force you to learn what a good release feels like.

There are plenty of online resources to study form.Learn from the champion target guys though and not the self appointed experts who only shoot exibitions at less than 10 yards.

Just because you've had suscess hunting,doesn't mean you're a great archer or teacher any more than killing a deer with a rifle makes you a Camp Perry contender.

When I started out,I went to the largest shoots I could find.I watched who consistantly placed at the top and when opportunity arrived I asked for help from thoes guys who were willing to help.I'm not some wonderboy but I was lucky enough to get help from an IBO world champion and I went from middle of the road to being able to place in the top 10 at any shoot I've attended with several hundred in my class.

It is just like anything though.To be at the top takes a lot of time and practice.I have been out of competition for a little over a year because of a shoulder injury and at this point it would take at least a couple months to be competitive again.