Originally Posted by centershot
Ghostinthemachine, I feel the need to call BS on your posts berating Anthony Camera. There seems to be a 'new' bunch of experts that think you have to shoot in the IBO to be able to shoot a trad bow. If you have read his book you would realise that most of his shooting was done in the 70's and 80's. He now just shoots and coaches mainly indoors by choice. In the book he plainly states that he hunted, just like most of us. I get so tired of the jealosy shown on Leatherwall and a couple of other trad sites I want to puke. Just because the guy took the time to organize and explain trad archery and put it in a book and they did not. These jokers say that Tony came up with these ideas and methods of how to shoot, in reality (if they would read the book before bashing it) they would soon learn that he is using methods as old as anyone can remember. He's not taking credit for the methods taught, just orgaized them so they are in one place and easy to understand. Until any of these 'experts' produce a book - "Shooting the Stickbow" is the gold standard. FWIW I have read Asbells books as well as Ferguson's and many others, none are anywere near as informative and complete when it comes to shooting and tuning traditional gear.

That's fine.

My posts stand and I won't even go back to look at what I wrote.. He hasn't hunted since the early 70s and only went out a couple of times back then. He 'coaches' people supposedly, and it's STRICTLY 20 yard NFAA rounds with extremely lightweight bows. He's never won a single thing in archery, that's simply a fact. I do like his info on tuning, mainly because I use AL arrows, just like he does.

If you like the book, that's fine. But people need to know some of the background of ANY self-proclaimed internet guru. That was my basic point.

Sorry if I ruffled some feathers. Tact aint one of my strongsuits.