Try a clicker for target panic.

I shot bows for 20years and developed a bad habit of string plucking and short draw.

have read all of the trad shooting books and have shot with nationally ranked guys. Find what works for you

Originally Posted by estacado
You can find Tony Camera's book in various locations. This is the link to his web page http://www.shootingthestickbow.com I have purchased 3 of his books, "Shooting the Stickbow." Great book with more information packed into one book than the other 60 Archery books and 100's of magazines on the subject of shooting the Stick I have on my bookshelf. I was contemplating writing a book on the subject relative to things not published or that were downright wrong. His take is a broad spectrum on the subject and mirrors what I have learned over a lifetime of shooting. I have found great disagreement with advocates of Asbell, Hill, Schultz, Furgeson, and others that actually come to blows. Basic archery form has been passed down thru some 600 years with many notables along the way. Heavy bows and the adaptation of contending with 70# monsters has gotten us away from the basic form of shooting a bow. I have conversed with Tony and find him knowledgable and a gentleman. Buy his book, please, and you will have at your fingertips the basis for getting what you can from your bow. He covers different techniques and picks apart what is inefficient in the various techniques. I had target panic for 10 years and had to go back and correct some 15 form flaws that had developed from shooting heavy bows and adapting my form to accommodate to the physical end of the equation. Archery is 90% mental once you have the physical end conquered. Before that, you are merely fighting the instrument of your affection. No amount of concentration will help you overcome the crazy battle of getting that arrow off the shelf if you don't have control of the bow. I m still fighting my demons, as my subconscious tries to take over on occasion. TP is a pain to contend with. Good form and a consistent aiming technique is, yes we all aim, vital to your success and enjoyment of flinging arrows. As to his comments on Fred and others, he has an opinion like you. Give him that without your judgement. I am a "Gapstincter", well most of the time.

Estacado