Originally Posted by strawman
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by logger
Don't mean to interrupt your fun, but sometimes the law enforcement does get involved in these types of things. Several of us (7 in total) on this site did get ripped off, to a total of about $9,000. We contacted the local sheriff office and they were very helpful and finally the USPS got involved. It took awhile to find the guy but ultimately they did. He was charged and plead guilty to a felony. I don't know why he was pursued, by my assumption is a long pattern of fraudulent activity that, over time, added up to over $100,000. While most law enforcement might not pursue this type of case, the worst they can say is no, we aren't interested. Fortunately, that wasn't the case in our situation (although as yet, none of us has seen any restitution, it was some solace to have him convicted).

Logger
Bullshit. As usual, we are treated to yet another f*cking HORSESHIT lie. The problem with the relative anonymity that this board provides, is some lying DICKHEAD has an outlet to tell any old BULLSHIT story he wants.

Here's the deal, sport: if what you claim is true, then it is a matter of public record. Post up with the case number, names, dates, and jurisdiction or GO THE F*CK AWAY.

You want to act like an ASSH0LE, you'll be treated like an ASSH0LE. ASSH0LE.
Same thing happened to me about 7 years with a $1300 camera lens I sold on ebay. Apparently some guy hacked some paypal accounts and purchased well over $100,000 worth of merchandise on ebay. Because of the large $$ amount, some govt agency got involved (UPS told me it was the Secret Service, but I have no idea whether that's true or not). Anyway, long story short...dude got arrested and several weeks later I got my lens back still in the unopened box that I'd sent it in. So apparently, law enforcement DOES get involved in certain situations.
Well, if you posted it on the INTERNET, it MUST be true! Because EVERYONE knows you can't post things on the INTERNET if they're NOT TRUE!!!

Yawn. Just another BULLSHIT tale from a peon.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.