Ironically, I was trying to find out how rare my Model 84 Kimber in .222 was when I found this forum. I registered not to find out what my rarest LH is but rather to find out how rare mine is.

The serial number is LH4X, seemingly a pretty low number. Does anyone have an idea of how many LH 84s were made, and of those how many were triple deuce?

So as not to hijack the thread, I have no idea what my rarest LH would be. It might depend on caliber?

Besides the 84 Kimber, a candidate in my safe is a Heym .416 Rigby, SN 100xx, that I bought used about 10 years ago. It is parkerized and enough well used when I bought it that I thought I'd never get the copper fouling out. The butt so small that it's frightening to think of shooting it--a notion reinforced by the fact that the petite little recoil pad is broken. In square inches of area I don't think it's much more than half of my Dakota .375 and looks oddly small behind the Rigby action.

Another candidate would be a Remington Kevlar Custom mountain rifle in .280 Remington. I ordered it the moment I learned such was available. It has a Brown Precision stock and slim taper 24" barrel, weighing 6 lbs. A 30" tube 3.5-10 Leica and a recoil pad take it up not quite another 13 ounces. It was apparently designed for people who like the recoil of a 7 Mag but don't want their bullets to go so fast.

Even though it came from the custom shop, it was a catalog item and the first LH production rifle I could find in .280 so I ordered it immediately. It must have a relatively low serial number for its breed and caliber: B6785xxx.

The later Kevlar Custom rifles are much less svelte (I bought a RH for my son). The stock and barrel contour are somewhat heavier. I don't know when Remington porked them up.

I only know that I had mine by the mid-80s, nothing other than that.

If anyone could share any info about any of the 3 it would be great. I'd like to know which one is rarest myself.

Cheers