Originally Posted by DJTex
I was shooting 22's with my boys yesterday.

They were taking turns shooting my Ruger 10/22 prone off a pack at Spinner targets at about 60 yards. My nine-year-old was batting .1000, while his seven-year-old brother was hitting about .800 and his five-year-old brother well over .500. All with a little 4 power Nikon pro staff.

I've got 3 magazines for it, so each boy could reload his while his brother was shooting. Worked out great!

I was shooting offhand at another spinner a little further off with a Kimber 82 with a little 4x Leupy. This is a phenomenal little rifle that I picked up on a consignment from a little hole in the wall gun store before any of the boys were born. It was priced way too cheap, store owner told the man, but that was what he wanted and I was the first one to look at it. Right place, right time.

I don't know when we've had more fun shooting.

Our family went in on a 10/22 for my Dad with a little 4x Leupy for my Dad's birthday, & it's his favorite rifle.

It got me to thinking, I wonder if I've ever spent better money on rifles than I spent on these .22's?

I've got some rifles i really like, but I'm not sure I have.

How 'bout y'all? What's the best money you ever spent on iron.

DJ

I shoot the same, including the Nikon scope with my boys! Last week I went by myself and guess what I took...yep, the 10/22!