Wacenturion, nice rare rifle and you are right to be proud.

I have a rich eccentric acquaintance (i suppose he is still alive?) that has or had (he rarely sells anything) one of the .25-06s. And, I have had the Sako actioned .22-250 Varminter and seen dozens more. Browning caused a stir in the industry with the introduction of that one when it was still a Wildcat. Because they had been scooped, Remington soon went to work to standardize both calibers and hung their name on them.

I have found Eastman to be straightforward in his writing. He tells you what he knows. He also tell you when he is estimating, based on what he knows to be in collections or what he has seen offered at the big collector shows.

I would have to dig through some of my stored files to come up with the name because of a bad case of CRS, but the gruffy old gentleman that used to run Browning's repair/warranty facility at Arnold, MO was a wealth of knowledge. I once called him about a shotgun. In describing the problem, he told me that what I was describing was impossible. He asked me to send the gun to him. A few days later he called and said that he had my gun and that the "SOB" was exactly as I had described it. He fixed it. Another conversation with him convinced me that at Browning, never say never.

Best wishes and enjoy, jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero