Buy/sell/trade:
Model 12 in a tattered box, little use. In, $250 - out $900 LGS would not give 250.
Model 70 Super Gd .270. In $325 cleaned it -out $850. Not pristine.
Model 70 .300 HH nice, in $500 - out $950 + a 2-7 Leupold.bought these last two from dealers. Once in a while I gave too much, but not often. Once, I walked into a LGS, bought a Walther PPK .22 from the patriarch at a very reasonable price. His son saw me with the pistol, a few minutes later and told me that it was not for sale. I told him that he was correct, I had already bought it from his dad and intended to keep it. Apparently he had called one of his collector customers and sold it on the phone. I left the store with a minty cased Browning Medalist, no boot.

Keepers:
I have a small group of what I think are nice pieces, some I gave a good price for and some I should have had license to steal, but I never took advantage of the elderly and widows. A few are:

Three Browning Safaris, a bunch more came and went,
Browning Pigeon Grade 20 Ic/M from 1963 - my heirs can fight over this one,
Grade III and Grade IV BARs,
NICE pre war S&W unregistered (much rarer than registered) .357, also a nice 60s Model 28, and a nice M&P. A .32-20 from 1919 that we inherited from wife's grandad.
An A-5 that I skipped lunch to save for in 1963. I took a pickup load of quail with that one when younger.
A nice old pre war M70 that is used smooooothe.
A Colt 1911 from 1948 and a .380 pocket pistol from the thirties.
First edition S&W 37, 42, and 60.
Speaking of 42, a Winchester 42 almost new bought at a gun show 6-7 yrs ago
Several older Marlin lever guns. My favorites are a Mountie and a Glenfield 30.

And others. I have way too many guns, but the bride of my youth has told me that they are better than money in the bank. Most of what I have kept either keeps up with inflation, or appreciates in value.

Last edited by jt402; 02/22/13.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero