Mark, I'm sorry but if your statement is true (many in Montana use the 25-06 for everything including elk - my abbreviation of what I believe you said) something is wrong with the crowd you hang out with In MONTANA. Everyone I know from Montana is more sane. Are you simply a rabble rouser? Or are you and your friends having a nice trip? Vic/

Abolutely nothing wrong with the crowd I hang out with, they tend to be folks who have been there and done that and bought the T shirt. Lots of folk out here have a 22/250 or a 223 and a 25/06 and that is about it. Many of these old boys have shot many more elk than most of the world of these forums have ever dreamed of.

If you've done things with the 25/06 I'm all ears and would love to hear about it. And I am talking about the topic at hand which of course happens to be elk.

So when you get a chance tell us a story or two about your use of a 25/06 on elk.

Mark D

Oh and by the way I am not what one would call a rabble rouser but I do happen to know a fair bit about this stuff. And usually can tell pretty quick if people have actual experience or book experience. Also if I see bullsnot being written I am not opposed to taking it to conversation.

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy