Originally Posted by catnthehat
Originally Posted by snubbie
[quote=catnthehat][quote=snubbie][

As far as "Christians killing one another in the name of their god"? I don't know of any Christians that have done that.

The Irish come to mind, as do the English , when it comes to Protestants against Catholics, the french, and almost any other country where one is pitted against the other - all in thew name of God.
Cat

Calling yourself "Christian" and actually being Christian are not necessarily the same thing. Much evil has been done by evil man and oftentimes justified in the name of Jesus. Doesn't equate to condemnation of Christ himself or a guilty indictment of true Christians.
I can call myself a Mason but that doesn't make me one!

Well I consider myself a Christian and Free Mason, but certainly do not consider myself free of sin nor on a higher level than my fellow man who may or may not be of the Christian faith or of a society of men who prize honour and virtue above the external advantages of rank and fortune

We are what we are, and how we govern our life will be judged later by the Almighty as well all will have to give an account of our lives.......
Cat

I'm not sure what your entire response means so I'll just address the ^part I highlighted^ in bold.

If we are to be judged on how we govern our lives, we are going to fail the test. We are all already guilty. We will be judged on whether we grasp hold of the Mercy and Grace of God offered to us through Jesus Christ.

Mercy is not receiving what we deserve.
Grace is receiving what we don't deserve.

Both are offered by, and the examples of, the great love God has for us, through Jesus Christ and Him alone.

We will be judge on what we do with this Jesus.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com