I�ll be the first to admit I�m not a long range shooter. Prolly most of all ya�ll shoot better than I do.
However with the right rifle, scope and zero,even as a short range meat hunter, I�m very comfortable out 300 yards and in certain circumstances, to 400 yds. I�ve only made one shot longer. A lazer ranged 590 yards on a white-tail doe. But I knew my ballistics and got lucky.

So having said that

79S,

No offense meant here,and not to take anything away from your accomplishments, but 300 to 400 yard shots on a Caribou sized animal is not really what one would consider long range game is it?

I would think 750 yds. out would be more of what I consider to be long range. Am I mistaken?

An example

I call this �the canopy�

[Linked Image]

It is one of the highest spots on our lease. From here you can see to infinity for about 240degrees of a circle. If you look closely at the opening in the foreground to the left of the rifle muzzle, there is a dead hoglet. Distance is +/-174 yds.

Here is a view looking in a westerly direction

[Linked Image]
Spincast feeder, 175 yds. +/-
Left dot, 650 yds +/-
Right dot, 900 yds. +/-
Middle dot, 1,200 yds. +/-

Now a little different view of the same. The tom turkey under the dot is strutting about 1,200 yards away.

[Linked Image]

Now being able to put a bullet in that turkey at 1,200 yds. off a rest would be a worthy �long range� shot IMHO

Your thoughts

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.