Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by rost495

Never said I ignore teh ES/SD. And typically about 10 or less for ES is what one ends up with for the best load.

Jeff

Enough said Jeff. I understand.

Jason

I"m not sure how one uses a ladder/audette/find pressure for more than a good initial quick run of where you are and where to further chase, but 10 shots is easier than 10 groups of 5 and realizing after 2 shots of some of those groups of 5... you'd be wasting time to shoot the other 3.

Though as I"ve noted, taken the best center of a node from the first 10 shots and been well under MOA and ran with it on a hunting rifle that ever since.. has never shot above MOA... done that a couple of times actually.

But for serious accuracy you tend to do more work. And even when you've finished, you still have to chase the barrel as it ages, both MV, seating depth etc...

Along the way while firing groups etc...I may be tweaking for a long time at matches, with primer swaps, neck tension, etc.... and as I"ve noted that might actually take a couple of matches or more at full distance for me to get enough data to prove its worht changing a component of the system, be it going from .242 neck to .243 neck etc...

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....