Quite a few bear in AK have fallen to the Remington Express 270 grain 375 H&H. The 30-06 version has accounted for quite a number in its own right. You could probably shoot a deer near lengthwise with the H&H version and eat up to the bullet hole. Don't think pushing a Core-Lokt like a Barnes, using smaller chamberings, with light end bullets, shooting high velocities, on large African sized game and such is a good recipe. But standard chamberings, standard velocities, and good bullet weights, you could cleanly kill just about anything you'd need to hunt in NA with a well placed shot using a factory loaded Core-Lokt bullet.

Most guys are probably shooting more deer than elk, moose, or large bear. Most should probably be shooting several hundred rounds or more through their hunting rifle, each and every year, to vet the darn thing and to stay in good practice. So for many, a case or two of factory Core-Lokts each and every year at nearly half the cost of a high-end premium makes much sense. If it is accurate, keeps game in the freezer, and is much less trouble and no more expensive than reloading, why not. Probably why most stats I've seen show the stuff highly popular in sales. And even for something the size of elk, I thought one of the RMEF polls taken sometime this decade from elk hunters, showed a 180 grain Core-Lokt out of a 30-06 as being the most popular combination, so it must work for some.

Last edited by GaryVA; 06/28/14.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood