Originally Posted by GaryVA
Quite a few bear in AK have fallen to the Remington Express 270 grain 375 H&H. The 30-06 version has accounted for quite a number in its own right. You could probably shoot a deer near lengthwise with the H&H version and eat up to the bullet hole. Don't think pushing a Core-Lokt like a Barnes, using smaller chamberings, with light end bullets, shooting high velocities, on large African sized game and such is a good recipe. But standard chamberings, standard velocities, and good bullet weights, you could cleanly kill just about anything you'd need to hunt in NA with a well placed shot using a factory loaded Core-Lokt bullet.

Having actually seen the CoreLokt bullet in the 375 in use on bigger stuff I can absolutely guarantee several things: they do not penetrate worth a damn, The notion of "eating right up to the bullet hole" is ridiculous, and they are prone to weird and unusual behaviors as a result of separations at even modest velocity.

I used CoreLokts for quite some time before getting to smell the coffee... I believed the advertising and thought that was how all bullets worked.

Popular as a function of price does not equate to quality...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.