Originally Posted by 7X7X7X7
Not discussing Abolts. Talking about Xbolts. I also respectfully disagree with you about Browning Abolts. Well made, accurate shooting rifles. Just ask the 9 of 12 elk that I've killed. Since you didn't describe the reasons as to why you didn't like the Abolt, it's difficult to understand your position. We all have our personal preferences, but I'd take a Browning Abolt or Xbolt over a Remington 700 any day of the week. You don't read or hear about Browning rifles having trigger issues like you do Remingtons. Having said that, I do like 700's, just not as much.

OK, you need to listen around and you will hear trigger stories. There are 50 Remington 700s for every Browning A-bolt out there. There are going to be more stories for 700s than ANYTHING.

I have NEVER seen an A-bolt make it through a hunt without the trigger failing. They get a little dust in them and the rifle will not cock. I have several 700s and have hunting them a LOT. I have never had a trigger failure. Only failure of any kind I have had is a broken extractor on a 700.

Ask Sitka deer about his experiences with them. Mirrors mine. I never said they aren't accurate or well built. They are poorly engineered and not very reliable. That is a fact. They would not have discontinued them otherwise. Did Remington discontinue the 700? Nope- new models every year.

I know zero about the X-bolts. I have never even held one. Browning is stuck in the wrong dimension when it comes to bolt action design.

The Japanese made Weatherby actions are pretty darn good. Only thing I don't like about them is the metric barrel threads that Howa uses. I am assuming Vanguards are the same way- maybe I am wrong. Just makes them a PITA to rebarrel. Every one I have shot has been quite accurate and quite reliable.

Buy whatever you want. Don't complain when you ask questions and you get info from folks that have used them.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.