Originally Posted by Sitka deer

And there-in lies the rub... The non-working parts which are not hard-chromed steel are of very suspect metallurgy and many rust immediately and quickly upon exposure to nasty weather, regardless of the cleanliness or protectants used.

I believe there is enough to question whether it might be a dielectric reaction due to the speed.

Dielectric? What?

Being both curious, and a metallurgist (at least by training), I just pulled mine down and had a look. The parts looked like steel, so I tried a magnet. All the parts of the trigger group that I could access, including trigger blade, housing, various pins and linkages, attracted the magnet, consistent with what I thought: it seems that it is all steel.

Now it is not impossible that under adverse conditions these could rust, but the same is true of any blued steel or even your typical stainless as used in firearms. FWIW after nearly 30 years, including any number of extended periods hunting in rain, the trigger mechanism on mine had no rust at all. As I said a few pages back, I don't baby it either.