Originally Posted by Snyper
I have NEVER seen an A-bolt make it through a hunt without the trigger failing.

LOL
I thought you were going to be serious

Don't complain when you ask questions and you get info from folks that have used them.

You haven't used one, and I really don't believe they all "failed" since mine is over 30 years old and has never failed

If you don't like them, just say so , but there's no need to make up silly stories

I own both and have used both... just bought a HOWA in 243 if that helps start things in the right direction. I used my 375H&H to shoot a Kodiak bear many years ago. It is one of very few I have seen that did not fail.

There are several posters here that had their A-Borts fail while hunting Kodiak with me. I have seen more fail than ALL other makes and models combined. And that was done with an amazingly small number of rifles.

The metallurgy in the trigger group is suspect and when introduced to Kodiak-style rain it oxidizes so fast the linkage wire freezes the trigger to a locked-up and useless mode. Generally it takes about three days of "Tuesday" to cause it. Few make it past a week. If they do they will likely never be a problem.

I have dealt with a few more Howas over more time than A-Borts and have never seen a failure of any kind.

And for those that may have missed it before, I have many other Browning guns of both recent and vintage mintage and love almost all of them... The recent rifles are the worst joke ever perpetuated on the market.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.