Originally Posted by Snyper
You only need to engage two full threads to get the maximum strength from a screw

That goes against any common sense logic that one could think of. Not trying to bash but if that were true, why would they even make screws longer than 2 threads? Nothing would be gained and you could save cost and weight on just about anything. It simply doesn't add up.

Back on topic a bit. I admittedly don't own a Browning X-Bolt so I will only share my Howa (Vanguard) experience. I currently own 4 of them and for the money find them to be one of the best bargains out there. I think their receivers are well made, their bolts have features that many send in their 700s to have done like a Sako style extractor and a vented bolt. Their actions remind me of the slickness of the older 700s. The "old" triggers are easily adjusted to a safe and reliable ~2lbs and they use Remington 700 bases which are available just about anywhere.

In conclusion, there is not much not to like about the Howa/Vanguard line. Other than maybe limited stock options, which seems to be improving, I actually prefer them over just about any other bolt gun.