Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I'm going to suggest the call at the end of the game was not a bad call and here's why. The Pats had their jumbo package in and could have stuffed the run. Maybe, maybe not but there was, what, 30 seconds on the clock? If they run the ball and don't make it, a time out would have to be called, which would have been their last one. That would have forced a pass plays on the remaining calls. Coach Carroll rolled the dice with the normally safe pass. The CB made an outstanding play and that was the game.
There will always be hindsight and there will always be what if's and there will always be "but if they'd have called the beast bastard to run it, they'd have surely scored". Maybe, maybe not.
We'll never know.

You are right. It looked like a bad call to foolball neophytes but Lynch was only one for five inside the 5.

Carrol thought the Pats were ready for the lynch run or a corner endzone pass with respect to timr constraints.

The play called by Carrol wss supposed to be a trick play but Belichick had been training his defense for that trick play. I wonder if a traitor tipped Belichick off.

So, the Pats kicked the Seahawks ass when, under pressure, Wilson overthrew the pass. Belichick got the pick and Carrol got the dick. Okok was the prick and now he's at home and feeling sick.

Last edited by eyeball; 02/11/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.