�One "editor" (now well known as a gun writer and photographer) changed my correct physics term for acceleration (feet per second per second) to the entirely incorrect feet per second because, he said, it'd be easier for the reader to understand.�

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn�t resist, (somehow I have been sucked into this forum!).

I had exactly the same thing happen a while back. The editor even had one of his munchkin underlings call me under false pretences to question the statement. Then they changed it anyway, claimining it was �redundant.�
When I protested rather loudly they said I was unreasonable. The editor went to the publisher (who happened to be his daddy) and told him I was �mean� to him and demanded I be fired. He called, I told him I would write a letter of resignation, but that he had to ask me for it first. He didn�t and I still write the column. That editor just quit to go be a social worker overseas.

Another time I wrote about Beretta shotguns and how I had watched Russell Mark win Olympic gold with one in 1996. The editor changed it to �American shooter Russell Mark. . .
He told me he thought it �read better.� I pointed out that Mark was from Australia and his response was, �who cares, nobody reads this sh*t anyway!�

That time I did quit.

See guys, being a gun writer is not all roses and honey!

Bryce