Every time I go hunting it influences my writing and it�s impossible to separate the two. I think that just about every hunt I do has some element that will wind up in my writing.

However if you are asking if I will write a narrative story about this elk hunt I don�t know yet. I depends on how the hunt goes and what I can talk the editors into buying. I can say that I have no doubt some part of the hunt will show up in an article or column at some time. But, I rarely know what, when or where until after the hunt. If it�s a great hunt with lots of adventure I would hope to sell a narrative feature. But, I honestly don�t know at this point.

I will say that it�s unusual for me to do a hunt on horseback without an adventure or humor piece resulting. I am sure also that I will write about the guns, ammo and optics used on the hunt.

I just got in from the range and am happy to report that my .358 UMT likes this new load better. The average of three, three-shot groups is .7-inch and the last one was sub-half inch. I thought that would be a good place to quit.

My plan is for it to really suck to be an elk in the Bob Marshall next week.

On the other hand, my luck with elk hunting usually is what sucks and it often turns into camping with firearms.

Bryce