I am just back in from a terrible elk hunting trip. I didn�t even see a fresh elk track, let alone an elk. Due to a big mistake by the guy riding in front of me my horse was hit in the face, very hard, by a tree branch about an inch and a half in diameter. In the resulting rodeo I was tossed off and stepped on. As a result I am pretty much laid up with a back injury. (I will note that the fifteen plus mile trip out of the camp was no picnic. I walked most of the way because it was too painful to ride for more than a few minutes at a time.) But, I did want to check in to see how this was going.

(Please excuse any mistakes. I have been answering emails for the past two hours and right now am in a lot of pain. In spite of the arrival while I was gone of a new gun (that I bought!) that I want very much to shoot I am heading back to bed after I post this.)

My only question to you here is where did I ever say this rifle was free? Don�t jump to conclusions unless you have all the facts. Writers do sometimes pay for guns. Sometimes we also trade our services in consulting with gun companies for product (or money) and, yes, sometimes, but very rarely, they give us the guns. Not because they like us, but because we have a symbiotic relationship where we need the guns to test and write about and they need fair and honest promotion of their firearms. Most test guns are returned. Because of some very unusual circumstances this one is mine to keep.

I don�t ever recall stating which of these scenarios caused this gun to come into my possession. You are simply assuming things of which you have no knowledge.

Bryce