24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: SSA-E Sale? local_dirt Yesterday at 03:00 AM
I liked the SSA-E so much, I finally got them in all my rifles. Slowly procured them one by one when I'd see them on sale during holidays. They feel so natural to me now.

And, these PSA Deals are turning out to be a great thing.
11 874 more...
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Cheapest AR Thats'.. BMT Yesterday at 03:00 AM
Garand thumb says PSA will work.

They ran it hard to 6000

BMT
22 1,416 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: Ruger mkii ss boat paddle Mohall57 Yesterday at 02:59 AM
I had one in 300 win mag, when I lived in Alaska. Had a store in Valdez and fairbanks(the prospector apparel and sport goods, little plug there). We sold as many of them as all the other SS long guns available at that time combined. They seemed to be well liked but everybody bitched about how ugly they were. They are. a very durable control feed action, and by in larger accurate. If I remember right ruger started making their own barrels in The late 90’s, greatly improving the overall accuracy of their firearms. My 300 shot fabulously? really liked nosler partitions which suited me to a T. Killed my largest brownie on Kodiak island fall of 93. Sold it ,regrettably, to a good buddy when I retired in 98 and moved back to home state of Wyoming, Eished I’d kept it, though I had a kimber of Oregon in same cal, that shot just as good , but was to pretty to hunt with in Alaska.
8 949 more...
IC B2
Predators and Varmints Jump to new posts
Re: Working up a load for .22-250 Big Stick Yesterday at 02:59 AM
You are a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking CLUELESS Schit. Hint.

I just "happen" to shoot 6AI(amongst a host of other .243's) and you couldn't even pick it out of the crowd. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

WHY do you even fhuqking "try" Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
15 1,436 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: 30-06 die set 14801 ol_mike Yesterday at 02:58 AM
I'll take it.

PM incoming
1 146 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: College Protests EIB0879 Yesterday at 02:58 AM
I have two graduating from college in a few weeks. Between college, working, and trying to find jobs using their degrees it doesn't
Leave time for this kind of BS.
76 3,490 more...
Re: Got My CMP 1917 Enfield hotsoup Yesterday at 02:57 AM
A fine looking rifle. I hope you at least deer hunt with it this season.
29 1,700 more...
Re: Got My CMP 1917 Enfield Mr_TooDogs Yesterday at 02:57 AM
Beautiful 1917. Congratulations Sir.
29 1,700 more...
Re: 17hmr good for coyotes? Jim_Conrad Yesterday at 02:55 AM
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
17 HMR is NOT a coyote gun.

Can you kill them with one? Sure.

Should you? Probably not based on years of lack of performance on them.
I never let one walk just because I had my 17 with me.

It works and pretty good when shots are properly placed.

Do I grab it when I am for sure coyote hunting?? Nope.

I have better mousetraps but when a target of opportunity arises and I have the 17 I don't pass up the fun.

Most critters aren't nearly as tough as some believe.
This. I kill coyotes because they are pests.
I personally do not care if I recover the animal.
Not the best round, but always gets the job done.
I usually see them dead later in the day when the tractor gets to wherever they were running. Coyotes eat our microsprinklers in the fields. Fugg everything up. Easily cost me $10,000 a year in repairs and labor.

Who says you can't train a coyote.....
84 4,772 more...
Hunting Trucks and Four-Wheel Drives Jump to new posts
Re: 2019 Jeep Rubicon 4dr Longbob Yesterday at 02:55 AM
Originally Posted by sactoller
Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by Angus55
My 2014 had a lot of add on’s , 4” lift with big tires and wheels, the jeep is just like the Rams lifted, I have Power Wagon and a Diesel , big tires, good old death wobble . I would definitely research and talk to good Jeep shops about who makes best lifts, mine was Rough Country, POS , save your tires and going to shops having rotations and balance all the time, I wouldn’t go over 2-1/2” lift. I had everything you can put on one, even duels 😁, enjoy, almost as free filling as a Harley.

I wasn't thinking about lifting ours and limiting the tire size to 35" if possible with the stock suspension. I appreciate the heads up if we end up needing to lift it a little.

What is your gearing? It is probably 4.10 and it will run 35's fairly well, but I would rather be at 4.88.

I would do a 2 1/2 to 3 " lift. Icon and Tera Flex are excellent choices.

Yes, it is the stock 4.10 gearing. I will look into those also if it looks like we will need to lift it. We are flying down to Houston to pick it up on Saturday.
16 963 more...
IC B3
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: 1895 SRC norm99 Yesterday at 02:53 AM
If we quit ;earning we might as well be dead.

Norm
25 1,848 more...
Re: 1965 Ford F100 One Owner Jeffrey Yesterday at 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by 41rem
Originally Posted by blueridgemhg
Beautiful truck. I had one identical that is what I learned to drive in. Same color, engine and transmission. Dad paid $1800 for it new.

I watched my Dad lay the $100 dollar bills out at the local Ford dealership when we picked it up, I was just 7 years old in 1965. Still remember it.

That’s a great memory.
16 2,136 more...
Re: College Protests local_dirt Yesterday at 02:51 AM
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
My daughter reports that the crap going on at UNC Chapel Hill is being blown out of proportion. The protests are typically small groups and many protestors are likely not students. She doesn’t know a soul that has participated. The media covers the protests as if they are major events. The situation is mostly smoke & mirrors. Typical liberal garbage propaganda.

Poor kids are inundated with that liberal garbage. Trying to corrupt their logical brains.
76 3,490 more...
Re: 2019 Jeep Rubicon 4dr sactoller Yesterday at 02:51 AM
Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by Angus55
My 2014 had a lot of add on’s , 4” lift with big tires and wheels, the jeep is just like the Rams lifted, I have Power Wagon and a Diesel , big tires, good old death wobble . I would definitely research and talk to good Jeep shops about who makes best lifts, mine was Rough Country, POS , save your tires and going to shops having rotations and balance all the time, I wouldn’t go over 2-1/2” lift. I had everything you can put on one, even duels 😁, enjoy, almost as free filling as a Harley.

I wasn't thinking about lifting ours and limiting the tire size to 35" if possible with the stock suspension. I appreciate the heads up if we end up needing to lift it a little.

What is your gearing? It is probably 4.10 and it will run 35's fairly well, but I would rather be at 4.88.

I would do a 2 1/2 to 3 " lift. Icon and Tera Flex are excellent choices.
16 963 more...
Single Shots Jump to new posts
Re: Hepburn marlinguy Yesterday at 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by RIO7
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My Hepburn is a 38-55 poison accurate, I have used it to win egg shoots many times & killed a few Pigs & Whitetails with it. Rio7

Very nice Hepburn, and appears to have been well cared for!

I rarely take good pictures, but this is my long range Hepburn in .45-70 Govt. It is fitted for a full length scope that I sometimes put on instead of the long range sights.

My Match B with 34" half octagon barrel in .33-40 (bottom) and my Sporting Rifle with extra weight .40-70SS barrel, and DST. in the middle. Top is the engraved Hepburn before I had it checkered.

7 878 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Scopes............. KenMi Yesterday at 02:48 AM
Another rifle and operator of such.
5,062 515,316 more...
Re: Winchester Double Diamond Model 42 XXX Wood Jeffrey Yesterday at 02:48 AM
Throw in that custom Hornet you’re always showing off and you got yourself a deal.

Nice gun. I hate you.

Bump.
21 1,975 more...
Re: Friend is working at a secret illegal alien camp ol_mike Yesterday at 02:48 AM
There's one thing stopping them and they work tirelessly to take them away from us.
36 3,048 more...
Re: College Protests Valsdad Yesterday at 02:47 AM
NorCal.

Heard about it over the weekend. Classes moved to remote learning. Not sure how that would work with fish/wildlife/plant dissections and ID?

If reports are correct, "hundreds" at this campus, one of the smaller (by student population) in the State.

As I recall, Siemens Hall is the Admin Building. Shutting that down would impact the whole campus, unlike shutting down the biology lab or art buildings.

Classes were moved online and the campus closed, according to a message posted on the college's website, on Tuesday. In an update message, they explained at least three people were arrested and as of Wednesday, students still occupied at least one building on campus.

"The University supports free speech through open dialogue that is respectful and constructive, but will not tolerate endangering people, destroying property, and disrupting campus," the statement from Cal Poly Humboldt read.

Video showed hundreds of protesters barricading one of Humboldt's buildings, Siemens Hall, refusing to leave on Monday.

Concerns over other buildings being occupied, along with other health and safety issues, prompted the college to close through the weekend.

https://www.cbsnews.com/sacramento/news/cal-poly-humboldt-pro-palestinian-protests/
76 3,490 more...
Re: 2019 Jeep Rubicon 4dr sactoller Yesterday at 02:46 AM
Originally Posted by Teal
How good are those CJ fiberglass bodies?

In my opinion they suck.

Nothing I have is fiberglass.
16 963 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: Savage 99 Talley? Rick99 Yesterday at 02:46 AM
When your old Weaver fogs over...
9 601 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Scopes............. Rickshaw Yesterday at 02:46 AM
Maybe you should try another?
5,062 515,316 more...
Re: Winchester Double Diamond Model 42 XXX Wood Flhoundhunter28 Yesterday at 02:46 AM
Makes my 42 look like Michelle Obama pre surgery
21 1,975 more...
Re: I’m from the government and here to help and BLOW UP YOUR HOUSE ol_mike Yesterday at 02:44 AM
So the dynamite has been laying around there for ?decade- decades? and they have to make a fast decision and blow it up immediately?
Home residence be damned?
39 2,319 more...
Re: Ukraine’s “Counter-Offensive” Major Belly Flop Fubarski Yesterday at 02:43 AM
Russian forces took three villages today, and Chasov Yar is ready ta fall.
5,673 454,440 more...
Page 116 of 169 1 2 114 115 116 117 118 168 169
AX24

610 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,420
Posts18,470,563
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.