51 4,459 more...
Flyfishing Jump to new posts
Which One? WStrayer 05/06/24
Local options are:
New TFO Signature 2 from outlet store, 8'6" or 9', for $49
Used Orvis Clearwater with Lamson Liquid reel and line 9", #4 for $250
New Moonshiner Drifter with extra tip, 8' 6" #4 for $100
Used Orvis Clearwater 2 mid 6.5 8'6" #5 $110

I have a very old Pflueger reel but will need line.
Opinons?
10 918 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Kristi Noem Doubles Down - Suggests Biden's Dog Should Be Shot Stormin_Norman 05/06/24
She didn't do anything different than most of us here have, not all dogs work out and some have to be culled. If you have a problem with that, you are and idiot. Every single decent dog breeder put some dogs down.
83 6,160 more...
IC B2
Re: pontoon boat sticker shock Heym06 05/06/24
I have had the same boat since 2004, I have taken great care of it, depreciated it out in four years.. It actually belonged to my company. I used it for R&D. I closed the business seven years ago. The boat title transfered to me, at that point. I believe it's worth the same as I paid for it today. Of course dollars are worth 30% less than 2004.
51 4,459 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: $500 and a Binocular Purchase JGRaider 05/06/24
Originally Posted by miguel
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...vski-slc-8x30-wb-binoculars#Post19404992
Shrapnel has these Swarovski 8x for sale at $499. I can’t believe nobody bought them. Great deal there.

Those are nice for sure, but there are two updates after that model. That's an old, but great glass though.
22 2,609 more...
Re: Prayer request texasbatman 05/06/24
I will happily pray for her to have a full recovery. It can sure be scary when kids get sick. Keep us posted please Sir.

Jim
76 3,906 more...
General Big Game Jump to new posts
Re: Spot and Stalk Southern Alberta Black Bear greydog 05/06/24
That is a very nice bear, well hunted, and taken with the perfect rifle for the job. I might add, you are looking remarkably fit nowadays! Daughter looks justifiably proud of herself. GD
37 3,257 more...
Re: Old, Out of Touch, and Grouchy to Boot wabigoon 05/06/24
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
11 1,220 more...
Re: SW VA must-stop bars/restaurants? Raeford 05/06/24
Galax

https://www.cbbrews.com/lil-bottom/

Wytheville

7 Dogs Brewpub
14 1,135 more...
Re: CDL jobs Teal 05/06/24
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Teal
There are about 3.7 million jobs that require a CDL of some sort to do.

Currently there are approximately 10 million people in the US with a CDL.

I'll let you determine if that's a situation where you're likely to make excellent money. Supply and demand side.

Transportation is currently struggling bad. First time in 6 months, the number of trucking jobs declined MoM.

JB Hunt - one of THE best run companies out there (intermodal rates with BNSF help them so much) - brokerage unit reported a $17.5 million operating loss as loads declined 22% y/y, with revenue per load down just 5%. The unit lost $15 million in the fourth quarter (Christmas Freight last year) Intermodal revenue fell 9% year over year (y/y) as revenue per load was off by a same amount (down 5% from the fourth quarter). Total loads were flat y/y but 9% lower than in the fourth quarter. Truckload barely made money.

Knight-Swift - cut earnings expectations by 58% for H1 2024. 58%!!!!

PAM Transportation - operating loss 2nd quarter in a row. Truckload segment fell 19% y/y as loaded miles dropped 14% and revenue per loaded mile was off 5%. The company operated 7% fewer tractors in the quarter, with revenue per truck per week declining 9%. Truckload is at a 104.2% operating ratio.

Marten - OTR is showing 1/2 a percent profit margin right now. Truckload revenue at Marten was $111.6 million, down 7.5% from the year-ago period.

Heartland Express - another company that used to be run VERY well. Operating ratio is now 105.6% and $15.1 million net loss in the 2024 first quarter. Revenue fell 18% y/y to $270 million but was down just 2% from the fourth quarter.

Schneider National - cut their full-year earnings outlook by nearly 25%.

Arnold Transportation out of Texas. Been in business 92 years - survived depressions, deregulation - bankrupt last week. They had 341 truck drivers and 402 power units.
Raven out of Florida, founded in 86. Bankrupt last week. They did dedicated and OTR work. Had 340 power units and 352 drivers.

Intermodal providers like Hub Group - hurting because capacity just isn't leaving the marketplace in Truckload. It should be but isn't.
LTL companies like Old Dominion, SAIA etc - didn't see normal March up-ticks. Volume and weights are off in LTL, even with Yellow closing. T-Force wants more density. ArcBest - Tonnage per day was down 17% while revenue per hundredweight, or yield, increased 16%. The tonnage decline was the combination of a 6% decline in daily shipments and an 11% decline in weight per shipment.

I only mention those because they're large companies, more likely to hire a guy with low recent experience. Self insured so they get to be gate keeper compared to smaller mom/pop places whose insurance dictates the rules more.

I just replaced my main driver with a guy that came from JB Hunt. Said he was sitting more than driving. $800 a week pay on average due to no freight to be had, and he was on a dedicated Costco lane. Can't keep a family fed on that.

Yep and drivers forget, Hunt can likely price that freight better than the mom/pop carrier can.

Are there guys making money right now? Yep. Hazmat Tanker guys, OD/OS guys, some reefer guys but they're making money because they've got their hands around overhead. I know of one small fleet owner - 10000% focused on MPGs - has guys getting 10mpg with Mack Anthems. That's money in the pocket which allows for rates that win with low volumes.
53 4,249 more...
IC B3
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Dan Wesson Valor - 45 ACP StarchedCover 05/06/24
I'd like to thank everyone for the feedback on the Dan Wesson 1911's.

I did take the plunge and pick up the Valor with the Duty Coat finish and I am more than happy with it. I have put almost 500 rounds off GI Spec. Ball through it in the past three weeks and other than a couple of magazine related FTF's in the first 50 rounds it has run flawlessly.
I'm now testing Ranger and HST 230 gr. HP's to see what it likes best.

One very nice pistol.

StarchedCover
20 2,323 more...
Re: Oh no. Chris Cuomo suffering from Covid Vaccine Hotrod_Lincoln 05/06/24
Let's hope the damyankee scum's demise is slow and painful- - - - -something that makes pancreatic cancer seem like a stroll in the park on a bright sunny day!
30 2,895 more...
Re: Jewish Bolshevik Zelensky crushes Orthodox Easter.... Stophel 05/06/24
Wait a minute... I thought the Ukrainians were naahtsies??? I'm so confused...
64 4,591 more...
Re: Q plumbum 05/06/24
Originally Posted by hosfly
Well half the answers your wanting are in it,, but im done with the interrogation, you wont believe anything thats posted here anyway,, so,, good luck with your research,hope you find the answers your looking for,,, I see why K22 quit trying to explain it ,, Ive spoon fed you for the last 2 days an Im still fos ok gotcha,,

K22 also objected to my 'interrogation' or something like that.

It's not interrogation, it's asking for facts to support your assertions. That's how the world works.

If you propose something, it's your burden to support that proposition with facts. The linked article has no citation to any facts, it's just unsupported belief.

You haven't spoon-fed anything here to anybody. You are pointing to a crazy guy spouting nonsense.

Your proposition that D.C. is a "city-state" is unsupported by any facts. You may as well propose that there are no stars, just holes in the night sky, with no facts to support your crazy belief.

Please find a link to whatever document factually supports your proposal that D.C. is a city-state, a nation within a nation.

It should not be difficult, I would try but I don't want to be accused of finding the wrong document.

Once we have that document, we can go through it and see what it says.
45,523 4,064,148 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: .308 diameter 100 Lapua 170 grain FMJBT and pulled 100 174 gr FMJBT Phasmid 05/06/24
SPF
8 765 more...
Hey localdirt Jackson_Handy 05/06/24
Was going to pm you, but you've blocked me.

Your boy Mike glover got hooked up for felonies in Utah.
9 858 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: Those CZ 457s hookeye 05/06/24
My CZ457 .22 mag is a half incher at 50 yards ( 5 shots). It is not free floated. So a fair amount of shooting in short order will get it to vertically string.
Slow down and its consistently good. Wood stock, action screws at 20 in lbs.

HOWEVER the only ammo I've tried is older Winchester 40gr JHP, exposed lead front.

This was five at 50 yards.... plus a couple Contender Super 14 .35 rems LOL

I adjusted the trigger a little lighter, and set the 3-9X VX1 Leupold at 6X.
My only real complaint w the CZ457 is the 24" bbl. Would like it better at 22"

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
32 4,505 more...
Re: FS: once fired STS 12ga 500 count Jim585 05/06/24
Yes, 8 crimp.
Please PM your address, so I can get shipping cost.
Thank you.
5 604 more...
Re: Howa mini bottom metal for sale J257 05/06/24
up
8 708 more...
Re: Will there be another civil war...... Dre 05/06/24
Not a matter of if. But when!
Sh*t is brewing and sooner or later it will come to a head. People are getting tired of what is happening. Some states or areas are worse than others.
Like someone said , it will be more of a revolution vs. a civil war.
103 14,321 more...
Re: Kristi Noem Doubles Down - Suggests Biden's Dog Should Be Shot shootbrownelk 05/06/24
Originally Posted by bowmanh
She's basically right, but it's still a political loser for her. I never thought she would be a good VP pick for Trump, but she's done a decent job in South Dakota.
Noem should stay in South Dakota and keep doing a good job as Governor.
83 6,160 more...
Re: CDL jobs Dutch 05/06/24
Originally Posted by Teal
There are about 3.7 million jobs that require a CDL of some sort to do.

Currently there are approximately 10 million people in the US with a CDL.

I'll let you determine if that's a situation where you're likely to make excellent money. Supply and demand side.

Transportation is currently struggling bad. First time in 6 months, the number of trucking jobs declined MoM.

JB Hunt - one of THE best run companies out there (intermodal rates with BNSF help them so much) - brokerage unit reported a $17.5 million operating loss as loads declined 22% y/y, with revenue per load down just 5%. The unit lost $15 million in the fourth quarter (Christmas Freight last year) Intermodal revenue fell 9% year over year (y/y) as revenue per load was off by a same amount (down 5% from the fourth quarter). Total loads were flat y/y but 9% lower than in the fourth quarter. Truckload barely made money.

Knight-Swift - cut earnings expectations by 58% for H1 2024. 58%!!!!

PAM Transportation - operating loss 2nd quarter in a row. Truckload segment fell 19% y/y as loaded miles dropped 14% and revenue per loaded mile was off 5%. The company operated 7% fewer tractors in the quarter, with revenue per truck per week declining 9%. Truckload is at a 104.2% operating ratio.

Marten - OTR is showing 1/2 a percent profit margin right now. Truckload revenue at Marten was $111.6 million, down 7.5% from the year-ago period.

Heartland Express - another company that used to be run VERY well. Operating ratio is now 105.6% and $15.1 million net loss in the 2024 first quarter. Revenue fell 18% y/y to $270 million but was down just 2% from the fourth quarter.

Schneider National - cut their full-year earnings outlook by nearly 25%.

Arnold Transportation out of Texas. Been in business 92 years - survived depressions, deregulation - bankrupt last week. They had 341 truck drivers and 402 power units.
Raven out of Florida, founded in 86. Bankrupt last week. They did dedicated and OTR work. Had 340 power units and 352 drivers.

Intermodal providers like Hub Group - hurting because capacity just isn't leaving the marketplace in Truckload. It should be but isn't.
LTL companies like Old Dominion, SAIA etc - didn't see normal March up-ticks. Volume and weights are off in LTL, even with Yellow closing. T-Force wants more density. ArcBest - Tonnage per day was down 17% while revenue per hundredweight, or yield, increased 16%. The tonnage decline was the combination of a 6% decline in daily shipments and an 11% decline in weight per shipment.

I only mention those because they're large companies, more likely to hire a guy with low recent experience. Self insured so they get to be gate keeper compared to smaller mom/pop places whose insurance dictates the rules more.

I just replaced my main driver with a guy that came from JB Hunt. Said he was sitting more than driving. $800 a week pay on average due to no freight to be had, and he was on a dedicated Costco lane. Can't keep a family fed on that.
53 4,249 more...
Re: Great Highway Sign gregintenn 05/06/24
I saw one the other day that said "Caution, antelope entering highway at 55 MPH."
4 937 more...
New Flag at the pioneer cemetery wabigoon 05/06/24
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
0 230 more...
Re: pontoon boat sticker shock Raeford 05/06/24
We've owned a couple of Ski boats over the years.

Now we only have a few kayaks.

I really enjoy the maintenance requirements for the kayaks.
51 4,459 more...
Page 388 of 591 1 2 386 387 388 389 390 590 591
AX24

607 members (160user, 219DW, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1badf350, 69 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,188
Posts18,503,372
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.