Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Long Range Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Accuracy....Bergers vs Hornady 79S 04/20/24
Originally Posted by Trystan
Originally Posted by xphunter
I've had excellent results with hornady eld-m bullets in the 6.5 creedmoor. I'm thinking about trying berger with a bullet pointing die but man are they expensive.

Goals?
Comp shooting? If so, what type?
Hunting?

Comp shooting. I have a Tikka CTR 24" set up in a Bravo KRG chassis. I'm thinking PRS or something similar. My rifle is right at 12 lbs and I'm not sure what weight restrictions are

We also have a lot of local things we do with a group of us so always on the search for improvements. On the list at the moment is I'll be trying a few different firing pin springs, possibly the berger bullets and it would be nice to find a few forum members who are doing some competition shooting in Montana, Idaho, or Washington that are interested in meeting a Montana boy who new to competing

Typical 5-shot group at 100 yards with the 140 M's is half MOA or better?

As a local group we shoot at 1000 yards a lot and with some lots of the hornadys it's hard to get the vertical really tight due to inconsistent bullet lengths. I'm thinking possibly bergers and a bullet pointing die to true up BCs. We are a pretty competitive group of shooters and I'm always interested in expanding my knowledge. Basically I'm bored and I also want to win at our local fun matches. I basically posted the question to see what others have found at longer ranges with berger vs hornady. I do have around 1400 of the hornadys so will no doubt still play with them a fair amount, probably even use them In some competitions where I'm not trying to reach out to 1000.

Basically I'm being extremely anal and counting inches to satisfy my OCD and competitive spirit as well

Your OCD must not be that bad if you are happy with an ES of 32. What brass you using? Listen to my amigo stick when he says you are doing yourself no favors when it comes to vertical string with that high of an ES.
30 3,345 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female Strop10 04/20/24
Originally Posted by Cluggins
Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
the previous mentioned Sociopath moniker was accurate i'm afraid... looks to be a Dr Jeykll/Mr Hyde type to me... must be how he was able to pass the sniff test in training camp, and after his infractions on the street... the video doesn't lie!...

They saw his behavior on video and opined:

I"n response to a social media post of an edited video of a local law enforcement encounter, the South Whitley Town Council has reviewed the surrounding circumstances, including unabridged video footage from four cameras.
“The council recognizes that officer Brian Schimmel’s interaction with the accused on January 24, 2024, was flawed but not worthy of dismissal. Concerns with the encounter include allowing the accused to have an unmonitored conversation with her father at the scene, which, like other elements of the incident, was not included in the footage released online. The force involved appears consistent with police academy training.
“Since the incident occurred more than two months ago, the marshal has already addressed areas of concern with the officer. The Town Council concurs with both the marshal’s corrective efforts and his decision to retain the officer."

Uh-Oh. That won't soothe your pussy, will it?

Looks like your kind of behavior.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...having-a-diabetic-emergency#Post19360840

Originally Posted by Cluggins
I learned something here. Cops are supposed to be able to assess medical conditions as well as a doctor, and diabetics can behave however they want to without fear of repercussions.
387 27,226 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Phil Shoemaker Video On Big Bears local_dirt 04/20/24
Excellent post, Cheyenne. Thanks for posting.
35 4,298 more...
IC B2
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Suppressor E-Forms Approval Cluggins 04/20/24
Originally Posted by SKane
I'm not sure there's a cadence in how they're processing.

I know plenty of folks that have been waiting 6+ months, some 3 months and the local GS told me last week that everything he sent in on that Monday was approved same-week. crazy

One thing is for sure, once word has gotten out that the wait on approval times shrinking significantly, inventory at your LGS is going to be increasingly limited.

I have a friend who said his application to approval time was less than 10 days. They do seem to be speeding up lately, but I have a hard time believing that.
32 2,973 more...
Re: Ukraine’s “Counter-Offensive” Major Belly Flop longarm 04/20/24
Maybe get back to your all-important work of cut and paste? You were making such progress laugh
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
5,673 454,438 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: WTB Sako riihimaki wide forearm stock hemiallen 04/20/24
Thanks Hipshot.

It looks like the factory Marlin has a hunting forearm vs the wider benchrest I have seen on the riihimaki I found images of.

Allen
9 556 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female Cluggins 04/20/24
Originally Posted by Strop10
the previous mentioned Sociopath moniker was accurate i'm afraid... looks to be a Dr Jeykll/Mr Hyde type to me... must be how he was able to pass the sniff test in training camp, and after his infractions on the street... the video doesn't lie!...

I"n response to a social media post of an edited video of a local law enforcement encounter, the South Whitley Town Council has reviewed the surrounding circumstances, including unabridged video footage from four cameras.
“The council recognizes that officer Brian Schimmel’s interaction with the accused on January 24, 2024, was flawed but not worthy of dismissal. Concerns with the encounter include allowing the accused to have an unmonitored conversation with her father at the scene, which, like other elements of the incident, was not included in the footage released online. The force involved appears consistent with police academy training.
“Since the incident occurred more than two months ago, the marshal has already addressed areas of concern with the officer. The Town Council concurs with both the marshal’s corrective efforts and his decision to retain the officer."

Uh-Oh. That won't soothe your pussy, will it?
387 27,226 more...
Re: Accuracy....Bergers vs Hornady xphunter 04/20/24
I've had excellent results with hornady eld-m bullets in the 6.5 creedmoor. I'm thinking about trying berger with a bullet pointing die but man are they expensive.

Goals?
Comp shooting? If so, what type?
Hunting?

Comp shooting. I have a Tikka CTR 24" set up in a Bravo KRG chassis. I'm thinking PRS or something similar. My rifle is right at 12 lbs and I'm not sure what weight restrictions are

We also have a lot of local things we do with a group of us so always on the search for improvements. On the list at the moment is I'll be trying a few different firing pin springs, possibly the berger bullets and it would be nice to find a few forum members who are doing some competition shooting in Montana, Idaho, or Washington that are interested in meeting a Montana boy who new to competing

Typical 5-shot group at 100 yards with the 140 M's is half MOA or better?

As a local group we shoot at 1000 yards a lot and with some lots of the hornadys it's hard to get the vertical really tight due to inconsistent bullet lengths. I'm thinking possibly bergers and a bullet pointing die to true up BCs. We are a pretty competitive group of shooters and I'm always interested in expanding my knowledge. Basically I'm bored and I also want to win at our local fun matches. I basically posted the question to see what others have found at longer ranges with berger vs hornady

Well, you have already figured it out then...Try the Berger's and other boutique bullets.

I use Hornady for a lot of things, but if I want the tightest consistent groups possible at distance on paper (1K BR and F-Open) or steel, I will use Berger or a boutique bullet.

Example: F-Open 180 Hybrid and F-TR started with the 200 grain Hybrid, then moved to the 200.20X
My lightweight 1K bench pistol (Batman) 105 Hybrids
My heavyweight pistol used to run 180 grain JLK's. Different chambering now and I'm running the 190 LR Hybrid
30 3,345 more...
Re: Well! Yesterday was an adventure! 12344mag 04/20/24
im jest tesing denniy, im sorrie.
49 3,373 more...
Re: Well! Yesterday was an adventure! SBTCO 04/20/24
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Good to hear no one is injured and all are safe.....and as to the spelling? I take it as a challenge and look forward to reading your stories, unlike 12344 Mag.
He's just mean.

Hey you can only read "A Cat In A Hat" to a guy so many times before you get frustrated..........He still this it's a damn DOG!!

Its the dye in the green eggs and ham.
49 3,373 more...
IC B3
Re: Ukraine’s “Counter-Offensive” Major Belly Flop Houston_2 04/20/24
Originally Posted by longarm
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Tooty ur done
laugh Yep, but it's fun to rub the twisted little dweebs face in it from time to time

Saith ribka’s sock puppet.

Laughing!
5,673 454,438 more...
Re: Another transfer of wealth away from blue collar workers dale06 04/20/24
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
Heard on the radio that Procter and Gambles continues to raise prices even though cost of products are declining...thus reporting record profits and dividends. Congratulation to middle and upper class share holders.

Then their competitors should rejoice. By selling comparable products for less, they will make lots of money. Do you have any idea how markets work? You’ll only remain a victim if you choose to do so.

Good post!
28 2,581 more...
Re: They won't take "NO!" for an answer! local_dirt 04/20/24
Everything the commies touch turns to schit.
42 3,276 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: The Elmer Fudd Society arises from the ‘Fire! Dirtfarmer 04/20/24
Originally Posted by Farmall140
I found a box of 200 gr round nose partitions in a box of reloading stuff I was given. Can I use those out of my JC Higgins 50 for this? The Higgins has a compass in the stock for added guidance
That sets the Fudd bar pretty high.

Hard act to follow.

DF
271 36,332 more...
Re: Ruger 77 Hawkeye compact.243 Miguy 04/20/24
More
16 1,304 more...
Re: Ukraine’s “Counter-Offensive” Major Belly Flop longarm 04/20/24
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Tooty ur done
laugh Yep, but it's fun to rub the twisted little dweebs face in it from time to time
5,673 454,438 more...
Re: Question for campfire drs dale06 04/20/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Yes, see a Real Doctor.

The best advice.
72 4,710 more...
Re: Ruger 77 Hawkeye compact.243 Miguy 04/20/24
Pics
16 1,304 more...
Re: Accuracy....Bergers vs Hornady Big Stick 04/20/24
32fps ES is doing vertical NO fhuqking favors,but certainly is fhuqking FUNNY! Hint.

Just sayin'.............
30 3,345 more...
Re: Sane students walk out and protest "furries" gonehuntin 04/20/24
Those lunatic students need to have their asses beat and doused with holy water, repeatedly, over several days until the demons come out of their bodies.
35 2,726 more...
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: AR-10 Trigger kwg020 04/20/24
This is from PSA. I have a similar one in one of my AR's. I really think I need to get a few more. I prefer the traditional curved trigger but I like 3 lb. triggers.

https://www.ar15.com/deals/deal.html?did=5627
11 780 more...
Re: Leupold 4.5x14 Razorhog 04/20/24
Coyote is a great guy to deal with! He's good to go!!!
12 1,181 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female Strop10 04/20/24

It can be assumed he wasn't behaving in an adversarial manner against other LE during hiring or training.

Video of him losing his [bleep] and lying on private citizens didn't turn them off so it seems likely that behavior against private citizens wouldn't have been a concern during hiring/training periods either.
387 27,226 more...
Re: Amazon vs Home Depot slumlord 04/20/24
When you order something from Amazon, EBAY, or Powder Valley….isn’t that the same as self checkout???

???

Oh my gawd, get a coat hanger and burn a brand into your arm.
36 2,052 more...
Winchester Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: Tang sight screws tmitch 04/20/24
When I mounted a Lyman tang sight on my original Hi Wall, I bought a set of screws off an Ebay seller. They worked well for me.
3 327 more...
Page 544 of 590 1 2 542 543 544 545 546 589 590
AX24

602 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,415
Posts18,470,496
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.