I think the extended mag is a must-have, after testing one a bit. Have only gotten out to the range once with it, but fiddled with it at length beforehand, cycling dummies and checking for flaws. None found. Haven't checked on SAS's progress for production of these yet, and the one I have was graciously loaned to me.

I fiddled around with my stock, using tape to tape the fore end down the way that Stick did, and saw the vertical dispersion tighten up a bit, but not enough to my liking. I got some epoxy putty and bedded the shank just past the forward lug the way that a few guys have done, described in the Long Range forum. Haven't gotten out to test it yet. Been a hectic time. Hoping next week. My nephews need to get out too.

As far as my results with 68 Hornadys, the best of my tests was CFE for accuracy. I didn't run them over a chrono, but should be around 3k. Settled on 26.0gr, and .025" off lands, with Fed205M. Can't find my shooting notes for that day right now, but I recall that H4895 and Varget ended up getting more and more accurate the more I leaned on them. I liked the groups I got at the top, but the primers got very cratered, and the CFE was more accurate w/o pressure. I could likely load over 26 gr, but I only wanted about 3k fps.

Have moved on to working up for 75gr Amax. Having had such good experiences with CFE, I'm starting there, and seating at the lands. Hoping the stock fix tightens up the vertical!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.