The Tundra will drink more gas than most 1/2 tons. But I doubt if it it will be any worse than a 6.2 liter gas engine in a 3/4 ton. Probably better.

Either will do the job you need to do. If fuel mileage is a concern the 1/2 tons made by Ford and Chevy will be 2-3 mpg better than Tundra.

how many Toyota's do you see on the streets that have a business name on the side, ladder racks on top, in other words set up for day-to-day work on the job site? That's right - none. Meanwhile, Ford trucks are on the job 24 hours a day, every single day. When your Toyota breaks down, chances are it will be a Ford tow truck that arrives to help you. Apparently, business owners know which truck is the most reliable.

I see lots of DIESEL Ford f-250/350'S used in businesses where the torque is needed to pull heavy loads. I see MORE Tundras used where a lighter duty application will work. You are comparing apples to oranges. Toyota does not offer a heavy duty truck with a diesel engine. Comparing a gas engine F-250 with a Tundra is pretty much an even comparison. My money is on the Tundra to outlast, out pull, and out perform a gas F-250.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.