Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by hillbill
yes I would agree on the final drive ratio but the low end is where the difference is. the T is in the same ball park @ 60 mph.
It's funny that some think the Toy is trying to be a 2500, If that were the case it would have been labeled as such.

I too have a 2500, a 2000 Dodge with a cummins, it gets the heavy work and handles it quite well but again, for a half ton the toy truck shines..
That's what they're tellling customers. I've talked to a couple Toyota dealers and both told me that all the parts on a Tundra are rated for a 3/4 ton except the springs. If that's the case, why don't they swap springs and market a 3/4?

Sounds like a car dealer talking...

To the OP. Decide if you need a 3/4 or 1/2 ton. For a 3/4, go diesel. You see a lot of them so equipped and the resale is much better than gas, and for a reason.

If you don't pull trailers or really need a 3/4, go 1/2 ton. They ride smoother and burn less gas.

I can't get in the Tundra/F-150 argument, I'm a Z-71 guy; I buy'em new, keep'em a LONG time, like the way they handle and ride.

DF