Interesting thread.

I'm a huge Toyota fan, I've owned a bunch for my business in South Africa. They are as their reputation reflects the top of the heap for well engineered durable dependable vehicles.

I've owned an F150 which although a 1/2 ton was much more capable then that. Personally I prefer to invest in a truck rather then trade it off for new. That's just me. If I put in 2...3.....5 thousand bucks that's a long shot less then a new one. Especially if you know the use it had since new.

My truck is 12 years old this year. I'm gonna have it a long time! Kept up and maintained a good pickup will last a hella long time! My land cruiser in the states was 30 years old when I sold it.

Since in your original post you mentioned wanting this new vehicle for the additional Ground Clearance, ..... That's a pretty easy solution without getting a new truck. There are a number of off road suspensions available for the F150 that will get it 2" Plus higher up. You cannot get the axles higher without taller tires, but if you increased the suspension travel say 3" you could certainly fit 33" tires which would get you a bit more then the stock Tundra or F250 would have. For a whole lot less money then a brand new truck too! Probably under a 1000 bucks installed!

Not to mention the additional capability with a better suspension and shocks

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)