Originally Posted by shaman
Y'all have given me good advice, and I'm definately leaning towards a .223 tack driver project.
So what do you think?
RAR?
Ruger Hawkeye Varmint/Target?
Savage Axis?
Sumtin' else?
My main goal in this project would be starting with a rifle that I won't be able to blame for any inadequacies in accuracy out of the box or after minimal improvement. I'd like to concentrate on the loads and my own wretched shooting form.

For an out-of-the-box .223 tack-driver, look no further than a Savage 10-PC. My son has one in .308, I have the 10-FPC in .308, and my nephew has a 10-PC in .223. All were tack-drivers right out of the box with factory ammo.
Full length aluminum bedding chassis (AccuStock),AccuTrigger, fluted semi-bull barrel, threaded for suppressor or compensator, factory attached Picatinny rail, and two front swivel studs, plus perfectly balanced, it isn't your superlight walking varminter, but it isn't a bench monster, either.

LINK

LINK

LINK

LINK

Ed

Not easy to find in your local gun store, but worth every penny and more.

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 02/05/16. Reason: Added links

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell