BMHenry: I'm pretty well covered on .22 pistols. I have a Ruger Mk II 10". 'HillChick has a MK I. I have well-worn Single Six convertible for plinking. We have a long term project of resurfacing the area around the front porch in brass.

Medina County? I spent several weekends at your fairgrounds watching my son play bagpipe competitions, and I have family that hailed from Brecksville.

Seeing Ohio open up a little on its firearm restrictions was bittersweet for me. I had enough of the Sunday hunting ban, slug only hooey and moved my hunting over to Kentucky. I'm now invested in property and planning on retiring across the river. I can't help thinking about it. Perhaps one day. . .

I was close to buying an AR in December. I am not all that enamored of them, but I get worried at times. We have an ex Special Forces Vietnam vet in our extended circle of friends. His preference in those days was for Mini-14's. He found them more dependable. Of course we're talking a different generation of the M-16 for comparison, but if he was satisfied with the use of the Mini-14 for his line of work, I figured I'd stick with my collection of Mini's. I ended up buying some more 20 round magazines, and figuring I'd pocket the difference. As a strap-on-your-back plinker, my stainless mini-14 is perfectly acceptable. However, I normally carry my 357 Mag lever. The Mini-14 is a real brass flinger. I suspect my stainless of being able to fling them trans-dimensionally.

The 44 Mag idea is damn intriguing. I may yet go that route. If not on this venture, then soon.

I'm getting comfortable with the .223 REM bolt gun idea. So I'll repeat my question from last week: which one? So far I've got a couple votes for the RAR, and one vote for the Savage.

Thanks again everyone for helping out.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer