Originally Posted by shaman
Originally Posted by Pappy348
You failed to mention a price point, so it's hard to give a specific reccommendation. If money were no object for me, I'd go for that pretty Number 1 pictured above. SS, fast twist, and no magazine length issues. For cheap, RAR. The middle is full of stuff, but the SS Weatherby Vanguard S2 I bought last fall is pretty nice and has a great 2-stage trigger. Less than $650.

That's a good question. If I could get sub-MOA out of the rifle on a good day, I'd be happy. I'm a hunter that shoots more than the other way around. This would be my first real attempt to get better than hunting-level accuracy.

The RAR Predator looks like a good starting point. However, I'm open to any suggestions. The main thing I'm looking for is a rifle that I won't be able to blame. If there's a problem with the group, I'd like it to be either me or the load.

I can only speak to the RAR Predator I have and it is a great shooting rifle. I even have an idea to put it in a nicer stock since I know it is a good shooting rifle. The groups I put up are probably more my fault they aren't tighter than any problem with the rifle. Hard to find a 8 twist 223 with a 1 piece base for under 400.00 with a workable trigger.

Semper Fi