Originally Posted by Waders
Originally Posted by BruinPoint
Originally Posted by Waders
And 43 gr of Varget grouped at .167".

Just curious about the rifle you're working with.

It's a Rem 700 Mtn Guide. I bought it used so I don't really know anything else about it. Supposedly it was a distributor run for Cabela's (I think). With just Talley LW's on it, it weighs 5 lbs 14.6 oz. Add in a plain jane VX-II 3-9x40, BC flip ups, and 4 rounds of ammo, and it weighs 6 lbs 14 oz.

I've owned it for several years but have never hunted with it and rarely shot it at all. When it arrived my nephew saw it, and suddenly he wanted me to take him hunting with his new gun! (What could I do??) So, I finally got the rifle back this year and decided to toy with it.

I'm looking forward to shooting more of the 120 BT's. The recoil was minimal. Yesterday I was shooting this gun and my .280AI. I never considered the .280AI a big kicker, but next to this 7-08 and the 120 BT's, the .280 felt like my Whelen shooting 250 gr bullets.

Thanks - from what I gather on Google you're right about it being a Cabela's distributor run and it came in .243, 7mm-08, and .308, maybe others? Interesting rifle, thanks.