Originally Posted by Kriegwulfe
Sniper?? No I don't need to carry the B4 ASI anymore.. ROFLMAO..no one needs any of the skills associated with that profession to identify and engage your kind..one only has to follow the trail of slime and stench there GonHuntin..and then avoid steppin in the steaming pile. The qualities mentioned beforehand identify you most readily..and yeah he shoots those bottle caps every week..something that you and the aforementioned "SuperSoaker" couldn't do at 5 feet...except run down that dogs hind leg of yours...but I degress...since I was there when he shot the deer and you were not..it's easy to see again your expertise in this matter is once again a product of your cancerous, syphaletic little mind. You state your "opinion" as fact..that somehow you have gleened the absolute bare bones truth..too bad you haven't turned that pridal eye on yourself and discovered the hollow shell and the cow chip filler for yourself..I mean since you have encountered all those that tell tall tales of hunters/shooters and can identify them at extreme ranges...looks like you learned more from the encounter than they did from all that expertise...once again your "sig" fits you like a glove...heck I like it..it's your sad attempt at a public service..you meet and greet and give a warning all in one..glad to see you finally excel at something other than making co2 for trees

Answer the question……….

How do you know they were hit "perfectly" if you didn't recover them??

You can't and don't!

I do have cancer and have lost family members to the disease, count yourself lucky if you have not been affected by it.

More interesting stuff from "Kriegwulfe"….is it the same person?? You decide....

http://www.warlordgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=13178&start=20

Re: Off table artilery and buildings.
Postby Kriegwulfe » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:13 am

I am a whole lot confused on the responces to this querry.

First- Off Table Artillery denotes a) its artillery and b) its indirect fire as its off the board and has no direct line of sight to the target, requiring the use of a spotter ( hence quantifying INDIRECT {artillery} fire ).

Secondly- The HE Rule found in the rulebook (page 53 ) is for use of those weapons that have a dual purpose. LIke the DP gun an M4 Sherman or the StuG III with the 105mm gun, or the short 75mm gun found on early Pz IV's. It was an infantry support gun that could fire AP rounds..just not very effective at long ranges.

This being said, page 64 puts it rather simply.

Artillery Barrage Chart (i.e. NOT IN BUILDINGS)

1) Roll d6. A 4.5 or 6 equates a hit by artillery. (careful of that fateful "1")..lol

2) Roll d6 for AOE 6" + d6= AOE (area of effect)

3)Roll d6 for EACH unit affected IN the AOE. On a result of 1-5, d3 pin markers. On a 6 the unit suffers a 3d6 with a +4 pen factor and d6 pin markers. Vehicles are hit on their TOP armor value.

IF the targeted unit goes into the "down position" clearly stating this BEFORE ANY ROLLS are made, all hits are then divided by half.

Page 103 identifies " Shooting HE weapons against buildings".

Each floor should have been rolled for the "detonation" of the artillery round. d6 with a 4,5,or 6 causing immediate explosion on the topmost floor..1,2,or 3 means it penetrated THAT floor and you roll for the floor underneath continuing until the HE round explodes or it goes to the bottom floor. Hits are resolved vs. those units deployed or found on the floor affected by the explosion. Units can get into the "down" position as well to mitigate the damage to one half. ( if multiple units go into the down position, you have just derived "soft kills" to units for one turn effectively taking "X" number of order dice out of the bucket).

On HE shots that have 2d6 or better you need to check for the building damage. Use the unit that was affected by the blast. No care is given by what floor the explosion occurred on..just total the number of hits inflicted to a units ON THAT FLOOR ONLY to determine the required 12+ hits to denote the destruction of the building. ( "roll to determine the number of hits inflicted as usual. IF the TOTAL number of HITS SCORED is twelve or more then the building is blown to rubble and all infantry and artillery units are destroyed." and " replace the building with a ruined building model")

You will notice that nothing is said about " All units in 6" plus d6 radius to the blast are affected". Page 103 covers this situation most clearly IMHO. Also reading the rules you will notice that when it comes to building destruction, no mention is made "total of hits to any one unit" it says " total hits scored".

I hope this might clarify the issue. Somewhere I read a similar incident on the Miniwargames forum as well. :jeep
Kriegwulfe
Slave

Also found accounts for "Kriegwulfe" at:

http://robotechrpgtactics.boards.net/user/245/activity

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/9847701/

May have an award winner in our midst??
[Linked Image]

Cancer Sucks