Originally Posted by FritoBandito
All this Nightforce talk has me curious to what scopes you guys have on your .223 Montanas. It's a different beast, so do the rules change?

I'm not a NightFarce Guy,mainly because I've shot 'em.(grin)

As 223 and 223AI Montucky's go,in both OEM and Custom spouts(at issued length and shortened to 21"),I've only shot Reupold 6x42's,1" 3.5-10x 40mm's(both with and without A/O),Reupold MK4 M3 3.5-10x,Reupold MK4 M1 3.5-10x,Subtension Fixed Illuminatti's,6x MQ Fixed Fhuqkers,6x MD Fixed Fhuqkers,10x MQ Fixed Fhuqkers and 10x MD Fixed Fhuqkers...offa the top of my head.

The 6x MQ steals the show,especially for threading needles. BUT,if you are setting it up to be a dedicated Tag Puncher,the Illuminatti do rate a fhuqking thunk.

My OEM Montucky 223 finally mandated a rebarrel and I had better than 10,000rds+ of 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker fun through it,but had different glass upon it prior for more round count. Poked a Bartlein 1-8" 18" 270 spout on it,geared expressly for 105's and haven't had it but mebbe 4 months or so and only have a coupla thousand 105's through it,the Lion's share of which were steered ala 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker. Poked an Illuminatti on it the other day and have whistled 300rds+ through it these last few days and am diggin' the notion. Haven't had the weather to shoot it out past the 1500yd line,but the itty-bitty bitch assuredly fhuqks with heads and "HOLY Fhuqking Schit!" is an oft used descriptor,by them who've seen/shot it.

DD Signatures and an ass lift,arrange nice favors to erectors at 70MOA inclination total. In OEM 223 and a 225yd zero,it eeked 42.7 Mils of erector travel ala 6x MQ. With the new spout and Illuminatti,there's 49.5 Mils of erector after a 200yd zero. Them is nice "problems" to have. Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sadly,I've broken too many of these.

[Linked Image]

Splendid Specimens have long loved to coddle The Blue Bitch.

[Linked Image]

With 20,000rds+ total through the receiver,she's just now starting to knock the new off and some of that high luster shine,is starting to fade.

Laughing!

As she sets today,all Illuminatti'd up and ready for War.

[Linked Image]

Hope to lace a Booner Bear with it this evening and am hoping it's heavy cloud cover,some fog,some rain and deep shadows...so I get an excuse to flick the Illumination on.(grin)

Film at 11:00...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."