Originally Posted by rost495

But there are reasons things happen, and it can be as simple as a brass issue. Thats a given. It sure sounds like you are trying to say brass showed pressure signs until it had been work hardened. Thats a sign of bad, at least for that project, brass. It happens.

Its like trying to use FC brass in 223 for anything much at all..

Sorry you had issues, but if he would have provided you ammo loaded with his exact stuff, and it met what he said, then there is no foul.

I thought brass issues at first too. But the same issues showed up with Nosler, Hornady, and S&B brass. Not all the same lots for each either. I doubt all of those were "bad brass".

If his loads require a specific type of brass, he should have listed that, but didn't. There was no offer to test his ammo, and he refused to test my brass that I sent in with the barrel.

I was basically mocked for pointing to brass work hardening as a possible reason his loads don't show pressure signs in his used brass.

Receiving a product that with issues wasn't the sticking point for me. It was the condescending and arrogant way he chose to handle it, right from the start, that will keep me from going back.

Last edited by Yondering; 04/28/16.