Originally Posted by NVhntr
Constructor,

Not taking sides here, just observations.

You would have been way ahead to refund Yonderlings money when he sent you the barrel. The time you spent dealing with this has got to be worth more than the barrel and you'd have a happy customer.

Leaving Yonderling's name on the emails was not cool.

Yes, looking back I should have returned his money the very first thing.
I did refund his money the second time. There was nothing wrong with the barrel so I thought he might try a few things I suggested.
As long as my guys are running the CNCs we're making 720 an hr, so I'm ok there.
I think I removed all of his email addresses and last name. The thing that strikes me as funny is everyone seems to think it is ok to bash business but it isn't ok for business to explain or show how things really went down.
People that don't understand how barrels are made like to throw out terms like "I know how there can be a bad one".
The chamber can never be smaller than the reamer. Peak pressure occurs in the first 6-8" of a barrel. Anyone that has ever used pressure equipt should be able to confirm that. It isn't like the whole length of the barrel has 58,000psi in it. Peak pressure is what causes pressure signs at the brass even false pressure signs.
The chamber, throat(which is engraving force)and the load (all aspects of the cartrdige) is what causes the peak pressure and any signs visible on the case.
I have pressure tested these barrels with the exact loads I suggested. You don't try a max charge in a new case with a shoulder diameter of .398 when the chamber has a .410 shoulder diameter. Max charges should be used only after the shoulder has been blown out to the size of the wildcat chamber which increases the case capacity.
There were 105 barrels, I kept 4 for myself including the 2 used for the pressure tests. I have 2 left. That leaves 99. 98 people have had no issues at all with the loads I have posted on the website as a guide.
The fact that he said several times he uses a .008 crush fit tells me he is measuring something wrong and more than likely sizing the brass wrong. I tried several times if you go through the emails to help him figure it out. After I returned the barrel to him I don't think he shot it again. When I received the barrel back the second time there was still red dykem in the barrel where I stained the metal to run the air gauge check.
This would never have left my office if he wasn't running around posting things on forums.

"I threw a touchdown pass in the last minute to win the state championship game. I know it was 30 years ago and not relevant to this discussion but it makes me important and believable, it's the only great thing I even accomplished"