"Just to confirm, are you testing these by cycling from the magazine? Mine seems to set the headspace back just from feeding from the mag, without firing; enough that new brass sized for a +.008” crush fit still cycles and chambers from the magazine."

"I agree that it sorta looks like excess headspace, but as I said, I’m not bumping the shoulder back at all at this point. That’s not guessing, but measuring with a digital caliper and an adapter that contacts the middle of the shoulder. New brass is sized to +.008” crush fit at this die setting. I understand the reluctance to believe there’s something wrong with this barrel, but I’ve tried everything I can think of to get it working right, and have wasted 100-150 rounds through it just trying to find a decent load with no success. Sending it back is my last resort, but I don’t know what else to do with it."
"I’m loading on a Forster Co-ax press, and loading pretty much the same as other semi-auto rounds. I’ve got the dies set back to not bump the shoulder (started with .004” bump at first), and newly formed cases are a .008” crush fit in the chamber for the first firing. Other than that, I’m following the same size/prime/powder/seat routine as everything else."
Dan in the emails above in 3 separate places you say you use a .008 crush fit. How exactly do you get the brass .008 larger than the chamber in the chamber?

Last edited by constructor; 05/03/16.

"I threw a touchdown pass in the last minute to win the state championship game. I know it was 30 years ago and not relevant to this discussion but it makes me important and believable, it's the only great thing I even accomplished"