Originally Posted by constructor
Originally Posted by Yondering
Maybe you missed this part, which you quoted: "and newly formed cases are a .008” crush fit in the chamber for the first firing."

That means cases with the shoulders bumped back from 6.8 SPC, but not fireformed yet. Your chamber was so slick that it did some of the sizing just cycling the action.

That does not mean I was trying to run full power loads on the fireform load; don't take it out of context.

Didn't you say something about me using fireformed cases to develop loads in a post up there somewhere? Kind of seems like you are changing your story.

Nope, but you're still looking for excuses.

Big difference between fireformed or once-fired brass, and brass fired 4-5 times or more. It's called "work hardening. Brass does it. Most wildcatters understand this.

If your loads work in work hardened brass, but not once-fired or fireformed new brass (that works fine in standard 6.8 SPC) your loads are probably too hot for that chamber. I don't know if that was just my barrel, or all of your barrels.

since we're quoting stuff here, yours from above:
"I have no idea why you get loose primer pockets. I have used the same 50 pcs of brass for all of the testing I have done in all of the barrels and I am still shooting the same brass. I do not get swipes or cratered primers. "

Last edited by Yondering; 05/03/16.