Originally Posted by Bugger
My point is getting the accuracy. Probably more accuracy than needed. I get very good accuracy at the higher pressures. That is why. The 06 case is made the same as the 270 case, so those of you that think this unwarranted why don't you just keep your non- requested unwarranted opinions to your self!

What pressures are you working at?

What bullet, case, gun, powder etc... and what MV with what type of barrel and length?

I agree I get the best accuracy usually at the top end of loads, but running some over the chrono I"m not really over the top load/speed wise.

And once you start seeing pressure signs its a good thing to back off. But what pressure signs do you use? Mic the case head? With a mic not a caliper adn trained how to use a mic correctly?

Also you will almost always find as you approach top end you are not gaining MV, you may actually be sititng still or loosing sometimes. Thats beyond pressure I want to deal with for sure.

Once I stop gaining normal increments of speed on a load work up I'm done going up.

100 fps is HARD to gain without danger or doing some wild combination of things to make it all work. 200 fps above is going to take some new powder or such, you won't get there safely by normal means.

Then for rounds like the 06 the very best answer to this problem is the 300 Win/Wtby/RUM rounds.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....