If velocity is your only goal, I'd just get a magnum caliber with a long barrel. I'm a classic caliber man and see no need for super hot magnums. Jacking the pressures uo in the 30/06 is not a good idea.
Faster bullets can actually reduce penetration due to rapid premature expansion, as well as causing significant meat damage. I recall a discussion in Atlanta about this, among a group of magnum afficionados at a gun shop. Eventually a bet was laid. $100 if I recall correctly, that slower calibers would penetrate further than "magnums". The 2 calibers were 7x57 Vs 7mm Rem Mag and 308 Win Vs the 300 Win Mag. Loaded to factory specs, using the same bullets. 139 & 180 gr. respectively. The medium was wet Atlanta phone books, stacked in a cardboard box. I won the bet, as the standard calibers penetrated 25-30% deeper than the magnums.

But some people get their panties in a wad when anyone suggests sticking to the design pressures & velocities of a very capable cartridge..

No reason for personal insults in a rational discussion.

Greg
"An abundance of information can exacerbate ignorance if the information is of poor quality" Tom Robbins
http://classicsportingguns.com/