[Linked Image]
I have been overloading dozens of cartridges for 15 years to see what happens. This pic is from 9-12-2003.

1) I would have bet money I could not get as much velocity in 270 150 gr as I did with Re17.

But once I include the temp sensitivity into my derating calculation for a useful load, Re17 is down with the rest of the powders and trajectory that changes with temp.

So I never used Re17 for anything after that, due to my wide temperature range hunting.

2) 30-06 published data exists in old load books that takes advantage of all the strength in the large boxer primer pocket version of the Mauser case head.

3) I am currently using IMR 4451 with temp stability and anti Copper fouling coatings using H4350 data.

I am also using IMR 4161 with temp stability and anti Copper fouling coatings using IMR 4895 data.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps