The comments made by others that have made up facts and ridicule a request deserved the comments I gave.

There's +p loads for the 257 Roberts. 7.9x57 mm and 7x57's are loaded above 'standard' pressure. In revolvers there's loads for the Ruger only.

Ken Waters had three sets of pressures for the 45-70. Springfield, old lever actions and bolt action or falling block.

38 Special has a standard load and a +p load.

By running a chambering reamer into a 280 and making it a 280AI, the pressure can be in creased as in almost any "improved" cartridge.

But suggest increasing pressure in the 06 will cause people with minimal IQ to ridicule the suggestion.

My most accurate load in my old piece meal 06 will shoot <.25" groups. The load is 50.1 grains of H4895 and 180 grain flat based Hornady Interlock bullet.

The case life is good, extraction is good, etc.

According to what I've found this is a 'excess -heavy' load in today's manuals.

With my old Springfield 03 I shot a .15" 5 shot group with an overloaded by today's manuals. Again it was H4895 but with 150 grain bullet. I used this load in rifle silhouette.

These loads came out of the original Hornady reloading manual printed in 1968.

Back then they didn't seem to have accurate pressure sensing equipment just as I do not.

So what pressures should I be getting with these loads.

Finally, why is it that I should put up with moronic comments for asking a question?

Last edited by Bugger; 05/01/16.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally