You may have gotten a bad lot of bullets.

I've had terrific luck with Accubonds. They are my go-to, do-all bullet. I've probably shot 20 head of big game with them, from antelope to elk.

However a few years ago I put a 140/270 Win through a whitetail does ribs. She ran a long way before dying. Luckily I had some snow for the tracking job. Even with the snow it probably took me 45 minutes to sort the tracks out from all the other deer in the area.

When I gutted her out, there was very little damage. A fairly clean, caliber-sized hole through the lungs with a blackish discoloration around it was about all the damage that occurred.

Basically, it looked like the bullet didn't expand. It was a 40 yard shot, so velocity wasn't the problem.

This is certainly not a knock on Nosler Accubonds, because as I said, they are my go-to. But I relegated that box of ammo for sight-in and I'll use another for hunting next time.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.